Fabric painting is the best art to give a new fresh look to your boring, plain fabric. This art can be done with textures, beautiful designs, and patterns to completely transform your fabric.
The process of doing fabric painting is not that much hard we heard. It is quite easy to do with the proper tools and techniques. Begin your painting by choosing the correct fabric you want to paint.
Here 10+ Steps To Make Fabric Painting:-
1. Choose your fabric: which can be natural-blend fabric and washable natural-fiber with 50/50 polyester/ cotton work well for fabric painting.
2. Wash your fabric with simple laundry detergent to prevent shrinkage after you apply paint, Remember not to use fabric softer while drying.
3. Place any kind of barrier which could be cardboard, wax paper, clipboard between the front and back layers of the fabric to prevent the paint from bleeding.
4. Now pin the fabric in one place to prevent the material from shifting by using safety pins or sewing pins.
5. Select fabric paint from a bottle to get textured or precise lines, Put the paint gently on the fabric from the paint bottle so that paint gets adheres to the fabric surfaces.
Fabric paints are good to choose from the other paints. You can choose paint brushes as per your effects you want to create with your brushes. Flat shader brushes have chiseled edges which permits you to fill in large spaces and clean lines.
6. Line brushes are short or long tapered and ideal to do long brush strokes.
7. Scrubber brushes are controlled by tapered bristles perfect for rough strokes, blending color.
8. Draw your design or idea on a piece of paper using a pencil, This helps to give you an overview of the design before you start doing it on to fabric, Then use an invisible ink pen or pencil to transfer your design to your fabric. Chalk is the best option to transfer your design to dark color fabric.
9. Use the painting tool of your choice and paint over the image that you just traced and cover the outline with paint.
10. To give watercolor look, mix your paint color with water until it is thick with writing ink. If your paint starts to bleed too much quickly grab a hairdryer to dry the spot.
11. When your paint is finished, let it dry for 24 hours, and try not to wash your fabric for 72 hours after painting.
READ ALSO – How To Make Spray Painting