If someone wants to see real creativity, 3D paintings are the best examples to see, draw, and visualize the real-like effect. The 3D painting is actually a drawing of an object actually coming off the surface of the drawing. This kind of art is of ancient times known as anamorphosis.
3D printing has always been enjoyed by artists, also comes into popularity as a simple line drawing to descriptive sidewalk artwork in recent years. Moreover, you can also draw your own 3D painting using shading or 2 graphs techniques. 3D paintings actually show how creative you are depicted by your artwork.
1. Come up with an idea of what you want to draw
There is no specific object you need to draw. You can go with whatever you want to or what you like the most to draw. If you are a beginner start with simple objects like a cube or sphere that assist you to learn 3D painting step by step with perfection. Once you get your hands on it move on to the more detailed objects.
You can also try transitional techniques such as a water droplet or an English alphabet.
2. Come to the spot where you can see the actual 3D effect
When you making up an anamorphic painting, the real effect of 3D printing can be seen from a particular angle is known as “photo point”. while drawing you need to consider the viewer’s perspective, either looking at it from an angle or looking down onto the painting.
- If you select canvas to draw your art, it’s easy to move around the canvas to get the effects, but for a larger installation, you probably need to be careful in selecting the perspective on the basis of where the viewers will be most likely to stand and have the effects.
3. Draw a line graph by vanishing view lines
when you get clear about where you want your photo to be, apply a ruler to draw a graph with angled lines so that it looks like a graph is dangling into the distance. The bottom part of the graph should be the widest one so that it must become more narrow when high up the page it goes.
- Remember not to make a small square otherwise, it will be hard to see the features of your drawing. The number of lines of the graph depends on the size of the drawing but go for the simple sketch of a 5×5 grid that is a good way to begin.
- You can also allot numbers or alphabets to the rows and columns to keep track of each square.
4. Draw a square grid on the canvas or a new sheet of paper
This square grid will be the area where you actually create your drawing. Apply a ruler to ensure your lines are ideally straight, and create the grid with the same number of squares and columns as you used for the angled grid.
- You can erase the lines which you do want to see after finished your drawing. But keep them light while drawing. As it is easy to erase light penciled lines.
5. Trace your drawing onto the angled paper
At this stage, just draw the object onto the angled graph in the same way you would draw if you were drawing on paper. Hence, try to keep the object inside the grid, else you would use the lines as a reference point when you transfer it to the final canvas.
1. When you are done with your drawing on the angled graph, place it at the angle where you can see it clearly, then start drawing the image onto your square graph, to ensure the image equal to each square of the grid.
2. Once you finished drawing an object, now it’s time to add shading to it. That is how you will create a drawing so the object is actually taking up space. Then try to figure out the light is coming from which falls onto the real object and shade it in that way.
3. Shading has a technique to follow, as the light fall on the object will be shaded in a lighter way or if the parts of the object have less light then shade it with the darker side. The shading process is quite complex, you need to sit and think over it. See where the light falls on the object and try to copy it in the same way.
After you have finished your drawing, lay down it on the table and start looking for the photo spot where you get the actual effect of your drawing. Share it with your friends or social media, so that people can see the real artist.